|Lynn A. David
Community Bank Consulting Services, Inc.
Lynn has 35 years of experience in working with financial institutions. He has worked with large, medium, and small size organizations throughout the United States. Prior to founding his own consulting firm in 1995, he worked with KPMG Peat Marwick LLP in its Financial Institutions Management Consulting Service for eight years, with the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in various management capacities for over 13 years and in the lending, operations, and correspondent banking area of commercial banks for four years.
- Directed numerous strategic planning projects and facilitated strategic planning conferences to focus the future efforts of an organization on specific issues.
- Conducted numerous organization re-engineering projects to define the appropriate organization structure and the human resource skills necessary to enhance an organization's ability to become more sales, customer service, quality, and marketing driven.
- Evaluated products and competitive factors to determine the appropriate pricing and product configuration.
- Designed and implemented procedures to assure timely response to all customer inquiries and complaints.
- Completed numerous operations, productivity, pricing, and profit improvement reviews for commercial banks and savings and loans which have resulted in implementable non-staffing related opportunities which average .19 pretax ROA.
- Design and implemented enhanced human resource management programs including job descriptions, career paths, responsibility grades, individual goal setting, and supervisory skills training.
- Designed incentive compensation programs for senior management and employees of financial institutions which enable organizations to focus on enhanced productivity, profitability, quality control and customer service.
- Directed projects involving the consolidation of operations and standardization of procedures for multi-bank holding companies.
- Directed administrative order compliance projects.
- Assisted a banking organization in avoiding the need to submit to a cease and desist order and in repositioning for stability and profitability.
- Conducted lending practice reviews.
- Designed and implemented loan operations compliance programs.
- Designed and implemented socially oriented senior citizen programs to enhance deposit retention and expansion.
- Designed procedures for monitoring waived fee and service charge income.
- Established and directed pricing committees to motivate employees to emphasize quality and profitable services.
- Designed and implemented a word processing unit to service senior-level executives.
- Directed the job evaluation, performance appraisal, benefits administration, and compensation unit for a major financial institution.
- Designed and implemented a records management department for a major financial institution.
- Implemented improved procedures for monitoring bank stock loans.
- Developed techniques to increase interest and noninterest income in the lending function.
- Designed a comprehensive analysis to monitor the true profitability of commercial account relationships.
- "Stop, Look, Listen - Are You Providing What Your Customers Really Want?" KPMG Peat Marwick Annual Bank Seminar, Des Moines, Iowa, September 1991.
- "Dealing From a New Deck - Assistance in Successful Consolidation," KPMG Peat Marwick Annual Bank Seminar, Des Moines, Iowa, September 1992.
- "Reducing Non-Interest Expense," Bank Administration Institute, Profit Improvement Forum, Chicago, Illinois, April 1993.
- "Reengineering Success Stories," KPMG Peat Marwick Financial Institutions Seminar, Des Moines, Iowa, September 1994.
- "Budgeting: Management's Tool for Planning, Communication, and Profitability," Community Bankers Association of Illinois, Peoria and Effingham, Illinois, October 1994.
- "Are You Structuring Your Organization to Meet Strategic Objectives?" Financial Managers Society Southeast Regional Conference, Asheville, North Carolina, October 1994.
- "Your Staff - Are You Overlooking a Key to Profitability?" KPMG Peat Marwick Financial Institutions Seminar, St. Louis, Missouri, October 1989; Montana Independent Banks Convention, Billings, Montana, May 1990; Illinois Bankers Convention, Chicago, Illinois, June 1990; IBM Finance Executive Institute, Orlando, Florida, February 1993; Wisconsin Bankers Association Bank Executives Seminar, Madison, Wisconsin, January 1996.
- "Structuring Your Organization for Growth, Profitability and Survival," Missouri Bankers Association Executive Management Conference, Kansas City, Missouri, December 1996.
- "Marketing Surveys," Iowa Bankers Marketing Conference, West Des Moines, Iowa, April 1997.
- "Strategic Planning Into the New Millennium," Missouri Bankers Executive Management Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, December 1999.
- "Maximizing Non-Interest Income," The Greater St. Louis Chapter of the Missouri State Safe Deposit Association, St. Louis, Missouri, March 2000.
- "Affirmative Action Planning" for the Human Resource Conference of the Kansas/Missouri/Nebraska Banker's Association, September 2001.
- "Sharing Best Practice for Improved Profitability," Illinois Bankers Association Annual Convention, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, July 2003.
- "Best Practices in High Performance Banks (Doing the little things more effectively)," IBA Chicago Area Chapter Holiday Breakfast, Oak Brook, Illinois, December 2003.
- Instructor for the human resource segment of the Iowa Bankers Association School of Banking and the Nebraska/Kansas Banker's School of Banking, 2001 to present.
- "Strategic Planning Into the New Millennium," Bank News, April 2000.
Lynn has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Arkansas and a Master of Science degree in Commerce with a major in Finance from St. Louis University. In addition, he is a graduate of the American Bankers Association's Stonier Graduate School of Banking and National Commercial Lending School.